BeComiNg BaTaaN  

Posted by docsala

Yes. I said yes for the first time to an out of town medical activity for 3 days in a province I have never been with a group of people I have never met.

I do have a friend who lives in bataan though but I guess that doesn't really count. Anyway bataan is a province subdivided into 11 municipalities with its own history of anguish, terror and Death Marches. No wonder some of the medical technologists who stayed with us kept insisting on seeing the ghost of a white lady while we were there.

Of course I never was the type to believe in something supernatural. Although I have to admit there is something rather eerie about the place, I didn't get the ghost vibe. Still there is sadness in that place. A sadness so deep I cannot even begin to fathom it. So I eventually decided to take it slow and simply enjoy as this soft orange hue covered the afternoon sky in Balanga.

I watched until the world unfolded, so beautifully, right before my very eyes.

This entry was posted on Monday, May 11, 2009 at Monday, May 11, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment