HeRoeS AnD ViLLaInS  

Posted by docsala

There is a lesson we can learn in the recent fiasco involving Dr. Hayden Kho and Katrina Halili that speaks to all of us.

Lessons like looks can be deceiving. Never trust anyone and when all things fail, there is always a sunshine after every storm. Or a good PR.

What I find appalling though was the swine flu epidemic suddenly lost momentum after the sex scandal. I mean who cares about schools being closed when where is a scandal? Sex always tops the bill when it comes to making headlines.

Being a physician myself, I could not understand how a fellow physician could actually tape himself knowing that the truth, especially when there is evidence, always comes out in the end.

We all have our share of "wild days" that's true. I mean, hell I have more than my fair share. We are only human of course. What is an abomination though is when we use our "wild days excuse" to destroy another human being. We could argue of course that katrina wanted it. I mean look at her in the video. What however we sometimes forget is that there is always the element of "consent" that should always be respected.

Just like in the crime of rape.

I support Katrina Halili and her efforts to stand for herself. Of countless women who have in time and again committed mistakes and yet were willing to stand in the fire.

As for my colleague, I hope that you'll understand the gravity of the situation.

I have always been a volunteer ever since my medical school days up to now especially with AMDA and AMMS. Call it atonement since I cringe every time I hear the word charity being misused of course many many times. And I guess what I learned from my experience especially in meeting selfless people like Dr. Fe Del Mundo and Dr. Primy Chua is that there still are physicians, in the defense of my profession, who never let the title of a physician get into their heads. Who, no matter how impoverished treat people with respect.

This is what the oath of Hippocrates was meant for.

This entry was posted on Thursday, May 21, 2009 at Thursday, May 21, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Nice...i like it. Hayden is a pervert and I wanted his license to be revoked. He doesn't even deserve to be called a doctor.

May 21, 2009 at 3:28 AM

Post a Comment