TriP to QuiApO  

Posted by docsala

Although I have been staying in Manila for quite sometime now, I have never ever been to Quiapo. So when AMDA and Manila Chinatown Lions Club invited me to a medical mission in Quiapo, I said yes.

I don't know if you can hear me. Or if you're even there. Yes, I know I'm just an outcast and I shouldn't speak to you

Armed with my stethoscope and positive attitude, I took an FX and stopped by what was the most magnificent edifice, old as manila itself, the venerable Quiapo church.

Still I see your face and wonder. Were you once an outcast too?

What followed was the demise of civilization.

God help the outcast hungry from birth.
Show them the mercy they don't find on earth.


I should have just prayed in the church or the nazarene then again I was always inquisitive. Always wanted to know the stories of these people. Disease. Death. Because I wanted to help.

I ask for wealth. I ask for fame. I ask for glory to shine on my name.


Or make people need me.

I ask for love I can possess.

But the stench was deafening. And I can only pray that the one day we spent there was enough to give them a blessed Christmas.

Please help my people. The poor and downtrod.

Away from their worries. Away from their sad stories.

God help the outcasts. The children of God.

This entry was posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 at Saturday, December 20, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment