LeA SaLoNgA sOnGs  

Posted by docsala

It started with Annie. The sun will come out tomorrow kind of Annie. Although her name was not Annie. And just remembering her, clears away my cobwebs and my sorrow. She really did clear away all my cobwebs, at least for a time when I was alone in Laguna.
When I was alone with nothing but sad letters and pathetic love songs, she introduced me to her family in Alabang.

You see she wanted to take up Medicine and I also wanted to take up medicine. She wanted to conquer the world and I also wanted the world. We were almost the same. Very much the same. Even in our fears.

Then my day begins with simple thoughts of you. Hoping that tomorrow will be me and you.
Sharing dreams with each other. And making them come true.

So I cornered her. That one night in Bioscience. Almost made out with her. But there was also other forces at play. The UP Police roaming and I guess I too was not ready. I was still afraid of what it might do to us. To me. And she was contented with being just friends.

I've known you for so long you are a friend of mine. But is this all we'll ever be. I've known you ever since you are a friend of mine. Babe is this all we ever could be?

So I just told her things she'd never known. But hid the fact that I was in love with her. So she went on and had someone else. Someone who was famous and who also wanted to become a doctor.

All those sleepness nights . All the tears I've cried. All the pain I've kept inside.
Was it just a dream that you said to me. That there was someone new in your life.

There were moments when I wanted to die for such a betrayal. To end my misery. Unrequited love is the worst of its kind. Why couldn't she wait for me?

But when I'm stuck with a day thats gray and lonely. I just stick out my chin and grin and say
the sun will come out tomorrow so I got to hang on 'til tomorrow.

And the sun did. After passing the boards, we saw each other again. We are both physicians now. But there was nothing there. No more butterflies in my stomach.

So while the song still brings that certain low. And the world still sings of love I know. It isn't quite the way it was before.

I suddenly realized I've grown past those Lea Salonga songs.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 at Wednesday, June 25, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment