RhiNeStOnE cOwBoY  

Posted by docsala

This is a tribute
To the man who gave me more than his Y chromosome
To the man who jumped the freezing waters from the Titanic just so he can be with his Rose
To the man who stayed with his family through thick and thin.

Their story was short of a telenovela
Boy meets girl. Boy pursues girl.
Boy and girl get married.
But there was a twist.
Like all stories.
They were related. Far distant cousins I suppose
which probably explains my present psychiatric state.

So there it was, the antagonist. The conflict. The denouement.
To make the story complete of course.

But somehow he managed to survive with his family intact.
Like I said, the freezing waters of the Atlantic
Made me proud to have him as a father.

So I write to honor him
My Gautama Buddha. My Anwar Sadat.

And all the fathers out there.
For bringing joy and life.
For making us more than what we were meant to be.

This entry was posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 at Saturday, June 14, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment