PiXiEs  

Posted by docsala

It was my first time in the enchanted forest
So I do remember her very delicate features.

The captivating sprite I met at the Philippine Heart Center.
When I was a young and naive medical student.
She was a radio technologist and back then, I was her first time.
Her very very awkward first time.

That is of course before she saw greener pastures
And left the Philippines Islands
For a much bigger country down under.

You see she wanted to get married.
Probably to settle down with a foreigner
Get rich in the process.
And forget about me.

She wanted to forget about who I was to her.
What I was to her.

So why do I need to write about her now
When she clearly chose to leave me?

Is this about mocking her?
Telling her husband that he will never satisfy her
the way I satisfied her.

Why do I need to speak about her
When clearly she wants no part in me?

Because a long time ago in that enchanted forest
Julia made me fly
Like Peter Pan and Wendy
Like the lost boys of never never land

And because I am afraid

Afraid that if I do not remember her
She will simply stop breathing
And fade like all the other characters of my childhood

This entry was posted on Sunday, June 15, 2008 at Sunday, June 15, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment