aRt anD oTher DeMonS  

Posted by docsala

Van Gogh had an attitude I always wanted to emulate. When he was in love with
a prostitute, he gave her his most priced possession, his index finger.
The poor girl probably never survived the shock. But then knowing schizophrenia as I do
now, it was a wonderful gesture. A soul trying to give something animate so as to make sense
of the madness that was before him. I like Van Gogh's paintings--Starry starry night, scream, and sunflowers. I like it so much because the paintings scare me. I look at it and halfway I start to feel as if someone was watching me with the paintings. Multiple personalities are so passe these days. So when Coffemaker, a long time friend/artiste/Van Gogh follower invited me to his despedida party, I reluctantly agreed. The next question was where was he going?
Cafe 77 was the name of the cafe the party was set. Somewhere in kamuning, it was a quaint and weirdly nonchalant place. Wine bottles in the corner and it had a peaceful eerie feeling, much like looking at starry starry night. It was also then that Coffemaker announced that he had a show in NYC and he's about to go to the states. Wow. NYC. Art Exhibit. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap.
I always wanted to see an honest to goodness art exhibit. Though I've never seen Coffemaker's work, I knew it was going to be a blast. I mean he loves Van Gogh. He used to have this weird afro hair and he used to scare little schoolchildren. So GooDlUcK DeaR frIEnd...

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 20, 2008 at Sunday, April 20, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment