MERALCO  

Posted by docsala

It happened one day. With the summer heat literally causing massive heatstroke, the electricity in manila disappeared for about an hour and a half. For about and hour and a half, I understood what Dante decribed as the stages of Hell. Half asleep, I dragged my sorry ass to the nearest airconditioned place with a generator, which in my case was our school library.
I always loved our school library. It was always cool, tranquil and most of the doctors who go there are either studying for their exams or just trying to catch that nice power nap. It was however different today. There was also no electricity. No electric fan. Nothing that spells Benjamin Franklin could have invented worked.
Later I heard, there was also no electricty as far as caloocan and pasay were concerned.
I had to scream at somebody.
So I decided to call meralco.
Ring.
No answer.
Ring.
Again there was no answer.
What the F*ck. I was so hot and I was still sleep deprived.
I had to do something.
Then I realized no one was going to answer me.
I cannot do anything. So I just stopped.
What is happening to our country?
To our environment?
To the world?
To me.
Third World angst?

Gorell had 101 things to expose about Philippine High Society
I think I have 1 million things to say about what's wrong with this country.
As a matter of fact, I don't think I'm the only one who has that 1 million things bottled up.
I tried asking the balut vendor that night.
Unfortunately, he had 1 million more things to say.

Sun.Star: Meralco seeks power rate hike
04/02/2008 09:54 PM

MANILA, Philippines - The Manila Electric Company on Wednesday filed a petition before the Energy Regulatory Commission for a provisional authority of P0.1938 per
kilowatt-hour(kWh) rate increase for the second regulatory period covering July 1, 2008, to June 30, 2009.In a disclosure, Meralco said the adjusted charges of P1.3607 per kWh from P1.1669 per kWh is already included in the under-recoveries of the rates they filed on their first regulatory period from July 1, 2007, to June 30, 2008, which is still pending for implementation.According to Meralco, the P0.15/kWh in the adjusted rates in their maximum average price for 2009 could be attributed to correction factors related to adjustments of under-recoveries of revenues.

This entry was posted on Thursday, April 10, 2008 at Thursday, April 10, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment