SaFaRi  

Posted by docsala

When I was still very young, I was fortunate enough to be included in the list
of participants for an acting workshop in QC WildLife Park. Back then, I'd like to believe that
I was still cute enough to be included in StarCircle Quest. I was wrong.
So when one of my friends Dana invited me to Wildlife park, I was a little hesistant. First because I knew the place was crawling with wannabes and second, well I'm not really good with animals.
Then again knowing Dana, she probably just needed someone to talk to so I went.
4 pm. I'm here where are you? 415 pm. Where are you again? 430 pm. I waited and waited. And just when I was about to give up, she came. With those emerald eyes, she still manages to soothe me even when she was very late. You looked great, she said. And just like that, everything was perfect.
Dana just happened to be on a break. Her last relationship soured and she needed guidance as usual. She also got hospitalized recently for a neck injury and had many more mishaps. And what's even worst is the fact that she feels she's so alone. No family to share with, no one to talk with.
Alone. Wow. I've had a lot of encounters with people who think they are alone. When I face myself in the mirror I see one more.
But the good part in being alone is that there's solitude in it, I keep telling her that.
We started walking across the little lake in QC Wildlife talking about past relationships
and the crazy things we used to do together.
We played, like little children again. New to the world around us and ever happy for knowing that once in afternoon sky, we realized we did not need anybody to be happy.
"Why did I not leave?", she asked me that countless times.
It was because when I was in the brink of losing my sanity, you rescued me.
You told me it was okay.
Now it's my turn to tell you that it's okay.
It's okay Dana. I'm here.

This entry was posted on Saturday, April 26, 2008 at Saturday, April 26, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

I knew it, artista ka dati! Hahaha:)

April 29, 2008 at 1:42 AM

Post a Comment