buTTeRFliEs  

Posted by docsala

She spoke with a British accent. A little rash. A little slow.
She told me she was educated at those London universities
I never asked her where, and I guess she won't tell me either.
I was smitten. Naturally because I was naive and hopelessly in love.
Of course that was me back then. When I knew less of the world around me
And more of the trophies that I wanted to acquire.

She told me her name was Veronica.
And that her ex boyfriend had a great car.
She went on further to tell me that she only went out with me out with me
because I was a medical student.
Because soon I was going to have more money for her European trips.
Of course that was me back then. When I knew less of the world around me
And more of the world I thought I wanted.

Now everything has changed.
I realized I never wanted Veronica.
I guess the sex was never good to begin with.

So I let my butterfly go.
To search for other things in life.
Across barren mountains to the southern peninsula

Hoping she'll find the milkweed she was meant to seek.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at Tuesday, May 20, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment