MoThS  

Posted by docsala

Laguna is a very beautiful place. Almost fell in love with it. Almost. Because there are things I have to learn to let go no matter how good it is. Until of course, I received a call from one of my friends to go back.
It seems from my calculation, they needed a physician in Pagsanjan, Laguna.
Like a merry go round, I told myself. Here we go again.
I remembered the show Tabing Ilog in Abs-Cbn way way way back every time I hear the word Pagsanjan. And it was because the show was actually shot in the house of my friend. You see this friend of mine is kinda famous. History books kinda famous. Her uncle was one of those who literally wrote Philippine history. Textbook Philippine History.
So when she called to give me the offer I had to say yes. Of course I had ulterior motives when I said yes. I mean Laguna was the place were people get their inspiration to write. Her uncle wrote Philippine History in those forlorn rice fields. And maybe within a month, I just might actually be writing about world peace. Or at least something honest. Something quintessential. Something grand I suppose. Like a dazzling aurora borealis kind of grand.
The bus stopped. Waking me from that borealis day dream.
It was hot when we went out. Horribly hot. But there was a gentle breeze somewhere. I think it was from Laguna De Bay. Plus of course the waterfalls that Pagsanjan is famous for.

Then I get a text from one one my buddies about the RCBC incident in Cabuyao. The massacre. The inhumanity of those who perpetrated the crime. And I can't help but wonder.

This entry was posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 at Saturday, May 31, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment