To My AdoRiNg FaNs  

Posted by docsala

I was busy viewing some of my my friendster accounts few hours ago. Old and new acquaintances. Some midnight rendezvous. People I could have had meaningful relationships but never did. Old pictures here and there. I missed the good old days when there was nothing to fear. When the world was new, exciting and fun. It was always a wonderful experience with all of them. All those long hours of talking and more talking.
About dark cherubs, apple berry freeze, and white chocolate mochas.
I made a lot of friends by just declaring that I was going to become a doctor. Then Clerkship. Then Internship. Then the big day came.
Republic Act 2382.
Although I remained the same Louell, everything was different. There was no more I could have been taller wish or the how I wish Cruela d Vil would die of a heart attack wish.
I was weirdly contented. There was a calmness now.
So I tried visiting some of my friends to get back the old me. Went as far as Laguna just so I can tell myself that I haven't changed. That I'm still the type to rave and black out at parties. That I'm still egotistical, self-hating and angry at how the world was being run by capitalist scums.
But there it was now in front of me. Republic Act 2382.
Like a big blindfold, it blocked my way. And I couldn't see the world the way I use to see it.
I used to drown myself with those addictions.
But there was nothing now.
Nothing but the silence.

This entry was posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 at Sunday, May 11, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment