LuLLaBiEs  

Posted by docsala

I adopted a kid just recently. It's a long story and I don't want to bore you with it but suffice to say she's living with me now. About 2 years of age, we call her summer. I guess she was born sometime between April and May, I really can't remember. Anyway, she's keeping me busy
these days with all the screaming and the usual things that terrible 2 year olds do. I have to keep myself calm though and remember all the things I learned in Pediatrics. One of which would be understanding. Kids will play. Kids will break stuffs. And kids will throw tantrums. It's a full time job and it's really hard.
I am not her father by the way. And I don't have delusions of being such. But since her father is one of those irresponsible, pathetic and disgusting carcass who left her when she needed her the most, I think I will do for now. It's such a shame though, he'll never see her become a wonderful human being.
I love kids. I think it's because there's so much potential in them. You can train them to become cold blooded murderers or teach them compassion and tolerance. I just hope she'll learn compassion. Compassion after all that she has been through and that no matter how hopeless the world is, there is still kindness in it. Love begets love, summer. Don't ever forget that.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 7, 2008 at Wednesday, May 07, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Anonymous  

That's kind of you, adopting a kid. And a difficult task too. It's good that you're so much up to it, unlike other people.

I've thought of giving a scholarship to one or two kids in their elementary and high school. But, for the moment, it'll remain a dream. I've to work out more for my family's welfare before starting with others. But it's a dream I'm hoping I could fulfill soon.

Good luck! I've linked you in my health blog. :-)

May 8, 2008 at 9:46 AM

Post a Comment